Monday, March 18, 2013

Miso Ginger Chicken


I am so sorry I have not posted in so long. I'm a student so sometimes I get backed up with homework. I should be doing homework right now but I just tried a little "experiment" and it tasted so good - I wanted to blog it before I forget the recipe.

I have had mad cravings for Chinese food lately. I also had a few weird ingredients here and I wasn't sure what to make with them. I tried making fish with miso ginger vinaigrette and toasted sesame oil in the past but it didn't turn out so great. The miso ginger vinaigrette wasn't very tasty on salads either. However today I tried them both with chicken & carrots and OMG... you must make this. 



I'm calling this Miso Ginger Chicken





Ingredients: 

  • farm raised chicken breasts
  • miso ginger vinaigrette
  • toasted sesame oil
  • organic carrots
  • sesame seeds
  • garlic cloves (2 or 3)
  • sea salt & pepper 

Put the chicken breast in a baking dish and covered it with miso ginger vinaigrette. Then slice up the carrots and garlic cloves and mix them with sea salt, pepper and toasted sesame oil. Dump the carrots & garlic over the chicken and cover everything with sesame seeds. Cover the dish with foil and bake it around 400° for about 45-50 minutes. 

I usually check chicken around 30 minutes, flip it over and take the foil off for the remaining cook time. There will be sauce left in the dish after cooking so pour that over everything before you serve it. 

I didn't even make it to the table with this one - I ate the whole thing standing up at the counter! Please forgive my half eaten chicken phone picture. I didn't realize I would be photographing & blogging it until I ate a few bites. 

I used Wegmans brand miso ginger vinaigrette (with the salad dressings). Hopefully you can find a good substitute if you don't have a Wegmans nearby. This definitely will do the trick next time I'm craving Chinese food.







No comments:

Post a Comment